Saturday, March 19, 2011

League of Legends and Monopoly

Last night was Board Game night in the computer science department at my university.  We played Monopoly for about 4 hours.  One guy bankrupted about 20 minutes in. It was another 3 hours before anyone else dropped out.  We get really creative with our deals, so everyone had some sort of deal where they didn't have to pay on certain properties, or shared profits on some squares.  One person with a profit sharing deal had no money left and all their properties were mortgaged, but because he had that deal, he survived until almost the end. His downfall was his deals where I didn't have to pay rent on his properties. I landed on them almost every time through and didn't pay a dollar.

I was running on yellow properties for 80% of the game. Most people would say that isnt a great idea since they do have one of the lower return rates on the board. Everyone else managed to land on them almost every time through. This saved me from landing on dark blue spaces a total of 6 times throughout the game.  It ultimately came down to me with red and yellow spaces with a ton of money after I bankrupted one player against someone with next to no cash and 3/4 of the board.  Unfortunately I had to catch a bus, so we didn't finish the game, but either one of us could have won.

In League of Legends news, I think Nocturne sucks.  The only real practical use for his ult with good players is to stop Shen from using his ultimate.  Whenever he goes after me, I just turn around and either snare him or kill him on the way in depending on what character I play.  Once you're at the team fight stage,just have the tank, or anyone with some sort of crowd control watch for him when he uses paranoia and make sure you don't run too far from your team when you're low.  He will then be in what is likely a 3-4v1 since the team fight prior to this would be 5v4 with squishies fleeing or dead. Then, being a melee DPS (which i see as a very ineffective role) he will die very quickly, or not damage fast enough to kill anyone depending on how he built. The spell shield won't save him. Note this is just my experience against him. You may have seen otherwise.

Other than that, I played a match as Katarina last night against a Blitzcrank who didn't know to mash his face on his keyboard and he would likely press one of 3 buttons that would interrupt my ultimate. I also found out Amumu's ult doesn't stop it from channeling. I went 14/5/17 in that match. I also played a match as Ashe where, near the end, I took out their Shen followed by having a Twisted Fate teleport behind me and die 1v1 followed by having an Annie try to take me from 3/4 hp. We killed each other at the same time. 1 for 3 seems worth it. My final score was 15/4/12. I also played 2 other matches finishing 1/0/0 and 3/5/7 in 2 defeats as Ashe.

That's about all for the last couple days. I might post a League of Legends game this weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I've played LoL once and I didn't think it was that good. But my friends loves it so that's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This game is not so cool, there are many better kind of.. anyway your story is cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, haven't played Monopoly in forever. And I kinda wish LoL had a single-player type thing again since I don't know a lot of people that play it. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is new to me, I think I may like it. Thanks for the write up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have 5-6 hour long monopoly sessions with my grandma haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blog, ill be showing my support and following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get onto this with my major group...

    ReplyDelete